Well here we are, it’s the last post for the First Annual Grill Week at Food n’ Focus, I can’t believe how quickly the week flew by. If you haven’t entered our giveaway for the Hamilton Beach Quick Assembly Grill yet, then you should head over to the entry page before it’s too late! And now onto another recipe today for chicken kabobs!
If you remember a while back we did a post for a Balsamic Strawberry Bourbon Cocktail, well it just so happens that I had some leftover bourbon from that post that I decided to put to good use. For today’s grilling recipe I decided to combine the leftover bourbon with some bacon and other ingredients to make a nice thick paste to slather on some chicken kabobs. Just be careful when grilling and don’t flip the kabobs over too soon. You’ll want the bacon paste to really bake onto the chicken.
I was a little hesitant to try this recipe since one of the ingredients is BBQ sauce – for those of you who have been following closely, you know that after our Kansas City BBQ Tour last month, we are pretty much committed to leaving BBQ to the professionals from now on. But since this really isn’t BBQ, and thee recipe includes bacon and bourbon, we were able to soldier on to make these amazingly flavorful chicken kabobs.
With this recipe it’s important to have a nice hot grill to get the paste to firm up quickly before it drips off of the chicken – one of the nice features of the Hamilton Beach grill is that with 61,000 total BTU’s, you won’t have a problem getting your grill hot. In fact, this grill gets hot enough that you will be able to get a nice char on the outside of your kabobs, which really helps bring out that smoky, bacon, bourbon flavor.
You should give this recipe a try this weekend, it’s fast, easy, and most importantly delicious! But before you go any further you have to make sure to enter to win the Hamilton Beach Quick Assembly Grill. Before you know it you could be enjoying a cookout in your backyard with your new grill, sipping on a Balsamic Strawberry Bourbon Cocktail, while preparing your new favorite chicken dish.
- 16 oz barbecue sauce
- Â¼ cup bourbon
- 2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1â³ pieces
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon ground white pepper
- Â½ teaspoon garlic powder
- Â½ teaspoon onion powder
- 2 tablespoons paprika
- 3 tablespoons packed dark brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon smoked paprika
- 6 slices raw bacon, cut into small pieces
- Light the grill and heat to medium-high
- In a small bowl, combine the BBQ sauce and bourbon. Mix well.
- In a food processor, combine the kosher salt, white pepper, onion powder, paprika, garlic powder, dark brown sugar, smoked paprika, and bacon. Pulse until completely smooth.
- Put the chicken breast pieces in a bowl and then rub with the bacon paste. Once well-coated, thread the chicken thigh pieces onto skewers (pre-soaked, if they’re wooden).
- Place the kebabs on the preheated grill. Cook for about 5 minutes per side, or until nearly cooked through.
- Brush the kebabs with the bourbon barbecue sauce and cook for an additional minute on each side.
- Serve with the remaining BBQ sauce.
Recipe Source: Host the Toast